THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
HEALTH & MEDICAL MATTERS:
Due to the length of the trip and local traveling conditions, it is advised that you consult your doctor for existing medical/ dental conditions before departure. If you are taking prescription medicine, please pack (in your hand luggage) sufficient quantity for the duration of the trip. It may also be useful to bring aspirin, over-the-counter medicine for flu, indigestion, motion sickness, etc. In case of illness during the trip, please immediately notify your tour conductor and local guide for assistance.
We suggest you bring comfortable, casual clothing and two pairs of good walking shoes for the trip. A raincoat, and umbrella and a light jacket are useful for traveling in all seasons. Check newspaper or weather channel or internet.
Passport must be valid for at least six months on the return day of your tip. Resident Aliens need both a passport and an Alien Resident Card for re-entry into the Sates. Please bring the name, phone number and address of the person you wish to contact in case of emergency. We suggest you make photocopies of all your travel documents and keep them in a safe place. Also, we recommend that your passport, air tickets, cash and other travel documents not be kept together, so you would not lose everything in case something happens. Be sure you have everything before leaving for the airport.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Contact lenses solution, sun glasses, hat, shavers, hair dryer, electrical converter and adapter.
- Books, magazines, snacks, music tapes & Walkman, CDs & CD player, notebooks, etc.
- Camera, video recorder, extra quantities of films, tapes, and battery.
- Since you may not have time during the tour to replace something or finding the brands you like, it maybe worthwhile to bring extra quantities of certain items.
- For your convenience, we suggest you bring one large suitcase and one carry on bag. Please do not over pack, leave space in you suitcase for purchases in Europe. Since your suitcase will be transported frequently during trip, please be sure it is strong enough to withstand all the handling. Also be sure it has wheels and a lock.
- DO NOT pack medicine, valuables and other personal necessities in checked luggage. Keep them in your carry on bag.
Tipping is customary all over the world. It encourages and rewards quality service. Your tour conductor, local guides, drivers, hotel staff and porters, ship staff and other service personnel do their best to make your trip smooth and pleasant. Gratuities are tokens of appreciation. For your convenience, the tour conductors collect all the gratuities at the beginning of the trip, and distribute them accordingly along the way. The following is a guideline, you may use your discretion in the matter if extra services are rendered or some services are not received. The amounts are for per person per day.
COST NOT INCLUDED:
Costs that are responsibility of the traveler: anything of a personal nature, cost of special exhibits and attractions inside a tourist site after paid entrance.
Europe’s electrical system operates at 220 volts. The electrical outlets are either for fat round pins or for flat angled blades. Please bring your own voltage converter and adapter.
- Please keep an eye on your valuables at all time. Watch out for pickpockets while sightseeing.
- Bring name and phone number of an emergency contact.
- Read your itinerary and hotel information before departure. Leave a copy of your itinerary and hotel list with your family.
- Three-person hotel occupancy means 2 adults sharing a regular double room with a child. No extra bed is added. Hotel rooms in Europe are generally smaller then those in North America. Hotel charges extra for adding a bed. Please take into consideration the comfort of your traveling party and the length of the trip when request a triple room hotel occupancy.
ENJOY YOUR EUROPA HOLIDAY!